Wednesday 8 February 2017

Trip to RAF Museum


Yr6 went to the RAF Museum [Royal Air Force Museum] Everyone thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of the giant war planes and helicopters, I found it very interesting.

My favourite plane was the Lancaster Bomber : It carried a bomb that was designed to skim across the large dam in Germany. I also found the Kurtis Kittyhawk fascinating with its aero dynamic structure and the shark mouth painted on the plane`s nose.

There were also many simulators in the museum, which let you feel as if you are in a plane in the air. There was one simulator where you could go inside one of the planes and steer it.
 Overall I think everyone learnt a lot about the WW2 air raids.  It made me think I didn't want to be in a shelter for that long during an air raid because you might get a dead leg. Also the noise would be terrible, aside from the fact your town is being demolished by bombs.

No comments:

Post a Comment